Sticky finger's on my MDD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 MDD 867ghz dual-.1.25MB-.60GB
hi all, first post to Mac Forums , I've just got my first Mac it's
a G4 MDD 867 - 1.25 ram, 60GB & studio screen (yep of ebay), cost me the same as filling the car up with diesel, it's been a couple of weeks of learning now,
but so over the moon with it !

OK so I 'm in the dark ages regarding speed, but
unboxed and on the internet in 45 minutes with two little one's under my feet and making faces in the mirror drive doors was pretty good going for me, having never touched a mac before,
I:) It just feel's rock solid ,

I'm on Leopard and Safari (told leopard may be a bit heavy for it e) but for what I'm doing (internet music & ,vids ) so far so good.

Feel I should ask something,; how do I go back to registration.
(OK I skipped it).
; is trash can really the end.
;do I need virus stuff .
thanks for looking in.
Chavie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Congrats on the Mac. There are some deals to be had at times :)
Re your questions.

Don't worry about registration to be honest, it's just for mail updates etc. No biggie as it's out of warranty.
If you secure empty trash it's almost definitely the end, emptying trash is pretty much it too, but secure empty really does it for good unless you are running something like Norton.
Virus stuff? Nahhhhh! Never bothered myself, not worth the money on a Mac. You could try some of the free ones if your really unsure, but really there's no need, especially on a non-intel machine.

OP
chavie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 MDD 867ghz dual-.1.25MB-.60GB
thank's, Kevriano like I said I'm really pleased with it, I'm into graphic's, 3D animation & photography so this old mac is kind of a stepping stone for me to get used to the mac system,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.