iTunes account problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
667 mhz PowerBook Ti G4 512 mb RAM
Hi everybody,

After working professionally on macs for years, I made the switch at home after my laptop died. I'm now on a 667 mhz powerpc G4 laptop with 512 mb of ram that I picked up from a friend. I love it, it's built like a tank, and seems just as fast as my far newer pc notebook that crapped out after less than 3 years.

The only problem I have is logging into my iTunes account. Using my AOL name and pass (which I know are correct) it keeps telling me that the account hasn't been used in the iTunes store yet (incorrect obviously) and to review my info. Upon clicking that, I'm told that I need to allow cookies, and clicking on "more info" after that leads me to a page describing how to reset the date/time on my windows machine.

I just updated the OS and iTunes and downloaded the newest version of Quicktime. Nothing is on this powerbook, and iTunes see's my windows formatted iPod just fine. I just can't get into my account. I've done some searching, but can't find a definitive answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking a complete reinstall of iTunes?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would call Apple, they should be able to fix your access problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.