Files invisible on Buffalo network drive

Reaction score
Hi There,

I hope someone can help me. I have recently switched my office computer from a pc to an iMac. When I mount my network drive through the Finder window using the Connect to Server menu option, only some of my files are visible while others are not. I know they are on the drive because I can see them from my PC. Also, if I ftp to the drive through my Safari window I can see all the files. Does anyone know why some of these files are not visible?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
I had something similar with a LaCie Ethernet disk.

Following some advice I found on a forum, I think I did a Chflags -R 0 * in the root directory on the drive and it removed the hidden flag (and all other flags) from the files making them visible again.

OP
M
Reaction score
How did you do this for your drive. The only way I can seem to connect through terminal is by using the ftp command and after that chflags is invalid. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
If you mount the drive you should find it under /Volumes

just cd (change directory) to /Volumes/<yourvolume> and run the command chflags -R 0 *

i.e. what you type in is
cd /Volumes/<yourvolume>
chflags -R 0 *

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.