differences between mac laptops and desktops

Reaction score
Hi,

Are there any major differences between a MacBook and, say, an iMac? - other than the size and keyboard layout? Or are the differences minor? Thanks

Robin

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi,

Are there any major differences between a MacBook and, say, an iMac? - other than the size, price, and keyboard layout? Or are the differences minor? Thanks

Robin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
If you mean as far as the OS goes, only preferences vary slightly for various input devices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Dedicated graphics are usually the biggest difference. Other then maybe more RAM, bigger HD, bigger screen, faster processor, more ports, there's not too much of a difference. They all use pretty much the same parts.

I've always looked at it like a macbook is just a portable version of the imac and the macbook pro is just a portable version of the mac pro. And the mac mini is just a macbook without the screen.

With portability comes sacrifice, but there isn't a mac on the planet that makes me feel like I'm really lacking anything in my macbook. It's a solid portable and a solid desk top.

So I would say the differences are minor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.