Windows on Macbook query

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR, 512GB, OSX 10.11.6
Hello,

New switcher, getting to grips with (and already preferring) the Mac experience to the PC.

However, I have one piece of software in constant use, which only runs on Windows. So I've made a small partition and installed Windows and the software (Pinnacle Studio 10).

My question is: How can I remove the camera from the firewire, while on Windows? The remove hardware icon is not in the toolbar.

If I'm using Final Cut on the Mac side of the partition, I can safely remove the camera by going through Finder.

Do any Windows/Mac users know how to safely remove hardware from Windows on a partition?

Thanks, CB

Reaction score
If you aren't transferring anything just unplug it.

OP
cowbrain
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks.

That's what I'm doing.

But when I was on PC, if I just unplugged it (eg after transferring ), I was given a warning window informing me that I should eject it before removal.

Same on the OS X side of things.

Just wondered whether this facility was not necessary because Windows is on a partition?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I believe if you go into My computer the device should show up there and if you right click onto it, look for the option to eject or remove.

OP
cowbrain
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for reply, Gagnerants.

Unfortunately, I tried this.
The only options available on the camcorder icon in My Computer are:
Open/Explore/Get Pictures/Create Shortcut/Properties.
(Open/Explore tries to open it as a camera, even though it is in playback mode. Properties only offers a camera test and colour management!)

I think I'll just have to keep on yanking out the cable when I'm finished with it and put up with the annoying bing-bong noise.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.