Airport issues

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Quicksilver 867mhz that has a slot for an airport card. I just pulled an airport card from my dead G3 ibook, but can't seem to get it to work, and was hoping for some help.

The Quicksilver seems to recognize it, but I can't get it to jive with my wireless network at home.

Is there something more than just "plug and play" with the airport card?

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Seems like it is a 802.11b card and it should work in the G4. Go to Sys Prefs/Network and select Airport - exact pathway depends on OS which u do not mention - you may have to configure it to "Using DHCP" as i have no idea what the default setting is. While you are at it select show icon in Menu bar which will make it simpler to choose network at start up if u need to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro
I need to put the Airport Card into my Mac Pro 2 x 2 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon. I'm using Leopard Operating system.

I'm taking the card from an imac 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo .... hope this is okay ... I need one more thumbs up from someone before I get the screwdrivers out! : )

Not sure why cwa107 is giving me a link to the Forum Rules??? Can you tell me why?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I need to put the Airport Card into my Mac Pro 2 x 2 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon. I'm using Leopard Operating system.

I'm taking the card from an imac 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo .... hope this is okay ... I need one more thumbs up from someone before I get the screwdrivers out! : )

Not sure why cwa107 is giving me a link to the Forum Rules??? Can you tell me why?

That's part of my signature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro
I failed miserably! I failed at the screws after the initial screen removal! : (

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.