crucial.com and mac-forums.com possible deal????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yea, i hope that the title isnt read in the wrong way, but this is just a suggestion that could be quite good for both us mac-forums.com users and for crucial.com

i have noticed that a search for crucial.com yeilded 55 threads
and a search for just crucial got about 170 (granted maybe crucial was used out of context of crucial.com some search hits may not be representative of what i am talking about)

now what i am talking about:
since we at mac-forums.com suggest crucial.com to so many people once they get on the board maybe we can work a deal with crucial.com in order to get a small discount on RAM that mac-forums.com users can benefit from, this can be done in two ways:

1) special coupon code that gives mac-forums.com members a certain % off of their purchase of crucial.com ram

2) group buy sort of deal in which we line up X amount of buyers for ram and then they sell at a certain price (buying in bulk but sending to a whole lot of different buyers)

has this been thought of or done? because i would love to pick up another 512 stick for my pb and im sure others want to pick up more memory also, and this small discount may be big enough for us and them to benefit

thanks for listening
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Good idea, considering the amount of orders that must originate here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Crucial is super expsensive though, they'd need to offer a substantial discount to be cheaper than the competition. Ive been able to find name brand gig sticks of ram for my ibook, for about 100 less than what Crucial wants. Im not saying its not good ram, cause I know most people use it, but its so exspensive...

OP
coach_z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
anybody else? i think i would need mod approval or something before i get this rolling....but with a busy schedule it would be cool if someone else could take iton....it is just my suggestion

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
it sounds like a good idea, but I can see it getting to a point where members will register simply for the above stated discount. I almost always recommend owc or newegg.com over crucial. an even better idea, which we are trying to do at macin-talk.com, is to become an itunes affiliate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.