iChat Buddy List

Reaction score
I've recently switched from Adium to iChat. I've got to admit, Adium's capacity for customization far exceeds that of iChat's so far. I'm hoping it's only because I am new with iChat.

I also love how Address Book and iChat are so compatible with one another, but that is kind of my dilemma.

I prefer to arrange the contacts in Address Book in alphabetical order last name, first.

When I open iChat all my contacts are arranged in the same way, which I don't prefer for AIM. Is there a way to change this for just iChat?

Furthermore, I've tried playing around with View>Buddy Names>Show Short Names. I can live with this display. However when I do this, some of my contacts are still showing first and last name... Any ideas on any of this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
iChat is much better after you install chax and its free. well you can donate if you like it but i find it a must have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.