Firefox problem

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'd like to play online games on miniclip.com, but i can't.

What do i have to do, to make it work?

(info: i already tried to install the shockwave player, but the download window on macromedia.com wont open.)

I'm just asking for path to find the programm (shockwave player) and the steps i have to follow to make it work, anyone want's to help?

Greez

- Woozysheep

OP
Woozysheep
Reaction score
somehow the flashplayer link and the shockwave player link won't work. It opens but it says "link failure". Anyone wanna check that one?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What Mac do you have?

Easiest way is to just google 'flash player' and download direct from Adobe or use jram's link above.
I believe the current version of Flash player (10) is Intel only. So, if you have a PPC machine it is not going to install.

I did find several of their games that would not load while on my Mac this morning, due to too many redirects, while others would.

OP
Woozysheep
Reaction score
allrigh i see.

(by the way: I possess a Macbook Pro (first generation so it's about 4-5 years old by now). I have installed osx leopard.)

Yeah, i actually tried the link he posted. But somehow since a few days the macromedia download links seem to have some issues, its not loading, not opening the link, dont ask me why or what wrong (maybe its just my internet, but this seems strange to me, cause everything else works (downloads, etc..) just no theirs).

but i'll try it at home, cause right now im using a wire less modem, its not the best but downloading works fine with it.

Other question:

To play games on miniclip, what version of a player you need, the shockwave or the flash one. Plus, all you have to do is simply install the programm, then restart firefox, or whatever, and then it should work? Or do you have to change something in the internet options?

greez

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I was using Safari this morning and had issues with several games while others would load.

My guess is you only need Flash Player 10, although, I could not find a specific answer to that on their site.

You should not need to do anything once Flash Player is installed. And always try another browser if one doesn't work - helps to determine if it's a browser issue or their issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.