Surround Sound?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.16
Hey, could someone help me out here please.

I have a laptop. Some old Dell. I also have an iMac. I am looking for something that will give me surround sound. I have a logitech 5.1 surround system.

It has 3 headphone Jacks on it. A green one, a black one and a peach one.

My iMac has the default ports. Its a white iMac and is 2-3 years old. My Dell Laptop has a headphone Jack and usb jacks.

Would something like this do the trick?

Griffin Technology: FireWave - Surround Sound for Mac

If not, can anyone recommend anything else? On my laptop I need all 5 speakers firing. I don't care if it has the true surround sound effect, its for music. On my Mac I would like surround sound on my movies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Which Logitech surround set do you have? 6 months ago i bought the G51 set for my MBP, as well as the Firewave as well. I ended up sending everything back. The Firewave didn't work too well with my Mac, i think mine was defective as well, because it made this high whine when it was plugged in. I would recommend investing in a nice 2.1 set instead of surround, i made my own system, and couldn't be happier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Most of the ones i have seen that are USB are all PC-only unfortunately. I'm not sure if the 530s have a matrix function like the G51s had, but if you have that turned on, it'll make it surround sound like with just the black plug. I didn't like it, because it made music echo for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.