Having trouble with mouse

Reaction score
I am having an issue with my new mac. Sometimes when i have numerous windows open and i click the mouse it goes right into expose mode. No matter where I click on the screen, it does that and I have to manually shut down. Please help. What should i do

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
System Preferences> Keyboard & Mouse> Mouse> Then, it will have drop down menus and arrows pointing to different areas on the mouse. The one underneath the mouse says "Expose- All Windows". Click that menu, then select "off".

While expose is quite useful, it can be annoying to have it as it defaults (the side buttons). When you need expose, just press F3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
And the other factor to be aware of if you are using the Apple mighty mouse - it has 3 proximity sensors so, eg if you are resting 2 fingers lightly on either side of mouse it cannot figure if you want a right or left click - there is only one clicking switch. It was probably the center proximity sensor that was giving you the expose while you were scrolling which unintentionally became a centre click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
(Un)mighty mouse

The best thing to do with Mighty Mouse is to bin it - one thing Apple is NOT good at is input devices. The mouse is a disaster - buy a cheap wireless mouse and you'll have no more problems. As for the new small keyboard - unless you want continuous repetitive strain injury, you need to get rid of that, too!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.