• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

doing a persuasive speech on macs

Reaction score
hi i am doing a persuasive speech on why mac's are better then pc's and i was going to do a desktop mac/pc comparison and a laptop mac/pc comparison but i can't find any information on the hardware of a mac vs the hardware of a pcs. Can any one help me with a creditable website or magazine or newspaper article?

hey i ma wanting o know where i can find information on what jobs/careers use mac's over windows. i am doing a persive speech this would greatly appreciated thank you fellow mac users

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
One way to get a sense of what people use Mac Pros for is to look here. Find out what kinds of jobs use those programs.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well for sure Graphic Designers tend to use Macs more than PCs in a studio environment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook: 2.2 Core2Duo, 120GB HDD, 1GB Ram, Superdrive.
Find a phonebook and start calling around - a quantitative analysis should be easy to do within a few hours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I would say

Designers (I am one)

Musicians

Quite a few writers

Increasingly IT and network mangers (for personal use) - They can get a Mac, Unix and windows in one computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
My many of my fellow AIX Administrators prefer Mac's to Windows when we get the chance. X11 and "nix" virtual machines get used quite a bit on OS X for work.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Find a phonebook and start calling around - a quantitative analysis should be easy to do within a few hours.
I don't know what quantitative analyses you do but a good one would take more than a few hours. :)

I'm a little concerned that this is a homework question. If so, perhaps you should do the research. Plus, using random people online for research is not going to be counted as a credible source.

I'm apparently in a bitter mood today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
First thing I would do is watch many of the get a mac ads. Yeah with the Mac and PC in them. Sure it's slanted Apple's way. But there is a hint of truth in each one. And use those truths as your starting point for your research

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.