• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Please help [look]

Reaction score
Ok I will try to explain my issue I am having as best as I can.

I've been trying to convert my video files from FCP to MPEG-2 format, I'm using compressor to convert into MPEG-2. I'm a film student at IADT in Tampa, FL. I been editing on Mac Pro's using the conversion with compressor. I never had a problem, I thought it was because I didn't have Quicktime PRO, considering I was at the Mac store today working on some motion with my one to one advisor and he said I need Quicktime PRO to play back MPEG-2 files. Well long story short, I don't need Quicktime PRO to do that. I'm not really sure what use I'll ever use QTP for.

After finding out that QTP wasn't my answer to my question, I went back looking for what could be the problem. I then came across the Quicktime MPEG-2 playback which will work for Quciktime or Quicktime PRO.

This is where I make some lead way, the video finally renders when I used MPEG Steamclip! I guess the MPEG-2 playback actually worked. How ever the sound doesn't work & it'll only let me save my file in .mov aka Quicktime which the quality of video is garbage. I didn't render it out from FC into compressor going to MPEG-2 if I wanted to convert it into .mov

I need help guys...

Here is my question, how can I render my video out of FC into MPEG-2 and be able to watch it in awesome quality & have sound.

Heres some pictures to see what I was doing wrong.

Picture5-1.png

Picture3-4.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.