A few questions about Mac-Forums.com.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
How is the Mac-Forums.com funded? For example, who pays for the bandwidth or what is the source of income to pay for the bandwidth? And if a company funds the forums, what do they gain from the forums? I already found out, who first started the forums. What happened to him? Just interested.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Mac-Forums.com is owned and funded by iNet Interactive. They earn money through the advertising this site displays.

All the admins and mods of this forum always have been and still are volunteers. We are not paid, we do this because we love this board and we love helping people with Macs.

Emrys is a good friend and founded the board. He eventually handed ownership to iNet. Emrys is still doing well, albeit very busy with his career, new wife, and life in Vermont. He still pops in from time to time.

iNet has great staff that maintain the server and cater to our every need. Well ok, not really like that. But they are a great group who helps us keep things running smoothly from a hardware and software perspective.

Anything else you'd like to know? :)

M

meltbanana314

I'd imagine that a large part of the funding comes from ad revenue (note the advertisments at the top and bottom of each page.)

EDIT: Schweb beat me to it.

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
That's sums it up, thanks schweb and meltbanana314!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.