• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

idvd JUNK or junk macbook pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
k so just throwing this up in the air guys i LOVE my macbook pro 2.4ghz not trying to dis it but seriously im having a big issue with it l8ly.. i no this has been discussed alot and nobody has giving a straight up answer to what the issue is so lets get this out guys cuz im really getting P.O.ED with this idvd heres my problem i like to download movies and burn them onto dvds as it is soooo much cheaper than buying the dvd specially when ur 19 with a kid to take care of sooo anyways i dl the movies and burn them in idvd well l8ly my movies have stoped burning and eject during the leaad in of the burn and if u have ever burned with idvd u no this is about 3-4 hours into the burn thus very time consuming for a dvd not to finsish ten minutes from being finished how do i fix this problem what is the average amount of space needed for this im using maxell dvd-r so it shouldnt be the dvds but i do have alot of music pics and movies ready to burn so what is the space needed to finish the burn or wut do i need to do to fix this problem?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What you are discussing is against the Law, the MPAA and the rules here at Mac Forums. We do not allow any discussion of piracy here, whether software or movies or music.

Closing this thread.

OP
G
Reaction score
k so im trying to burn a (slideshow)... with idvd and b4 the burn will finish it ejects the cd during the lead in or the writing process dont tell me to try new dvds im using maxell dvd-r they have worked b4 whats my problem ???? ps what should i have for available space on my macbook pro 2.4ghz what is a low amount of ram/hardrive ??

ps. im in my activity monitor under system memory and i have 735mb free and 1.27gb used is this anuff to burn a slideshow or do i need to clear up more space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.