iphoto

Reaction score
iphoto help

I just got a new MacBook. I transfered all of my pictures from my PC onto my Mac. They are in folders under "pictures" on the Mac HD.

I took some new photos with my camera and used iphoto to load the photos on my Mac. If I don't use iphoto to access them, where can I find them on my computer? Are they stored somewhere on the harddrive or are they just in iphoto. I want to put them in the "pictures" folder as well as in iphoto. I am worried about iphoto crashing and losing all my photos. If they are also in the pictures folder, I can keep them organized and back them up onto my external hd when I need to.

I had a Mac for work, and I used iphoto all the time. We always ran into problems where we needed to load a photo into a program, but we couldn't get it from iphoto. We could never figure out where they were on the computer. I do know that I can drag them from iphoto into the pictures folder, but I was hoping to skip a step.

Thanks!

OP
L
Reaction score
I just got a new MacBook. I transfered all of my pictures from my PC onto my Mac. They are in folders under "pictures" on the Mac HD.

I took some new photos with my camera and used iphoto to load the photos on my Mac. If I don't use iphoto to access them, where can I find them on my computer? Are they stored somewhere on the harddrive or are they just in iphoto. I want to put them in the "pictures" folder as well as in iphoto. I am worried about iphoto crashing and losing all my photos. If they are also in the pictures folder, I can keep them organized and back them up onto my external hd when I need to.

I had a Mac for work, and I used iphoto all the time. We always ran into problems where we needed to load a photo into a program, but we couldn't get it from iphoto. We could never figure out where they were on the computer. I do know that I can drag them from iphoto into the pictures folder, but I was hoping to skip a step.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Why not copy them from the camera to your picture folder then import them to iPhoto from there. Job done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Sure, but doing that takes twice the time, and twice the disk space. Better to just import into iPhoto and keep the file backed up from time to time on DVDs or an external drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.