email question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24"imac 640gb hard drive nvidea gt130 graphics card.
hi everyone
just got my new imac today must say what a great peice of kit,very easy to set up,and really pleasing to the eye,key board also feels well made and quite heavy, i love it already. To my question
When i tried to configure my email account i opened up mail on the dashboard for the first time and i put in the data for incoming mail,and like wise for the outgoing mail,my incoming mail worked ok but it would not connect to the smtp server for outgoing mail.In the end i went into window clicked on connection doctor highlighted the the account name for sending mail in the status panel and deleted it,now though i can't get back to input the settings to send my mail,if you follow.If i were to delete the incoming mail account will i be able to go into file add account and input the same date to create a email account that i tried to in the first place.i hope this makes sense and sorry it is a little long winded,any help would be appreciated.
regards tony:eek:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's probably best to delete the account and start over. Make sure you have the correct address parameters for both incoming and outgoing mail before you start. Check with your ISP to obtain POP3 and SMTP information.

Read the following Apple KB article on how to setup Mac Mail. Link

Regards.

OP
tricolourdog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24"imac 640gb hard drive nvidea gt130 graphics card.
thank you chscag for your help,have took the bull by the horns and deleted the account ,seem to be getting somewhere now thanks for the speedy reply.

thats it all sorted
regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.