monitor callibration

Reaction score
Hi

Im not sure if this is thread for the graphics or hardware sections but I'll give it a try here first..

I do web design (is that correct grammar?) using a macbook pro connected to a 20" cinema monitor which I use as my main workspace.

They are different generations so the screens are fundamentally different which I can live with, but there is a different in colour display which is actually a bit of a bugger to work with as Im not sure what Im using as a point of reference when picking colours.

The odd thing is, when I drag files across from one monitor to the next, until I release the file in its new area, it retains the colour makeup from the first monitor, but as soon as I release it, it adopts that of the second monitor (this works both ways)
This suggests to me that both monitors can indeed display consistently across all work, but there is a setting somewhere thats overriding with something else.

Ive been through the callibration utilities and am a bit lost really.
I actually didnt understand them which wasnt a great start..

Anyway, has anyone had any success matching up two monitors like this?
Any pointers?

Many thanks
Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.