What are some cool things I can do with my new Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I was wondering what are some cool things I can do on here? Are there any good applications that I should download? Pretend I know nothing about this and I need help:) Call be the ultimate noob, I don't care! I have been waiting so long for a MBP and when the new ones came out...... HOLY SWEETNESSSSSSS...I gotta get it:D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Handbrake is awesome on the mac, you could also play around with iMovie and iDVD so make a little home movie. Of course you could go hit the apple downloads for some games, but I really havn't been using my mac for games so don't ask me lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
It depends on what you're getting it for. I mostly use my Macbook Pro to make short films. I also use it as a journal (Journler), a home entertainment system (Front Row), a recording studio for my band (Garageband and GB Jam Packs), design my web site (iWeb), a production studio (Compressor, Color, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro), and lots of other stuff. The possibilities are endless. It's really all up to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I can't wait til next year. :) I'm getting my aluminum MacBook in a few days now, but in the next year I'm totally going to get a 2nd revision quad core MBP (if they ever release the things).

I agree that GarageBand is fun to mess with. I never really did much playing outside of GB1 though (my competent G5 died, and the Mac Mini my dad didn't put any RAM into didn't let me do too much), so I'm going to have to play with the new one and see what's up.

But then again... I'm getting Logic... so why bother? :)

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
i was sold on garage band since the first day i saw it at the mac store. I stayed in there for more than 2 hours on the same computer editing stuff around. its kind of addicting. I actually just noticed the downloads section at apples website, thanks for the info:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Best thing you can do is put it down, go outside and take a walk!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True statement. It's been beautiful here the last few days. Unfortunately, there wasn't much snow this winter so the ground is pretty dry. Brush fire warnings and stuff.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
the weather sucks over here! one day its 78 the next...hail and snow. screw lake erie!!! I love how Pages is SO much easier to use than microsoft word and others. I like the copy feature that lets you copy and transfer the way your paper's font is already set at...makes plagiarizing that much easier:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
roflcopter - plagiarizing is BS. I didn't do well in college, but it wasn't because I didn't get the material. I just never went to class. Do your work though! I passed by writing awesome papers and proving I knew my ****.

Sorry for the wag of the finger.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
haha...true, but having a 10 page paper that is due every wednesday, that answers only one question, gets VERY frustrating. Did i mention this is for ONLY one of my classes. I can't complain though...medical school wasn't meant to be easy:-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
DarkestRitual, I live in NY and we got a TON of snow. Still have some actually. I live in the heart of the Adirondack High Peaks though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, in Ithaca they didn't really get anything. (This was my first winter in this city... I had come from Oswego... way more snow way more consistently there).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.