Spaces: Force an app to open in a specific space

Reaction score
Is there any way to get an already-running app to open in the space that's currently in focus, instead of having to drag its window around?

Take iCal for example, say I have it running in space 1; I minimize the window to the dock or close it without quitting, then move to space 2. Is there a way to click the dock icon/minimized thumbnail and get iCal to open in the currently-focused space 2 without having it switch back and open in space 1?

Or did I just confuse you?;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 1GB 667 MHz RAM, 2.16 Intel core duo 2, 120GB Hard Drive. Iphone 3G.
I understood what you have said, but I dont think its possible. What you can do is set specific applications to open in specific spaces, for example, you could set itunes to always open in space number 2. You do this by going to the expose and spaces part of the system preferences.

I guess the only way to do it would be to drag the window of the appication u wish to move to the sides of the screen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
That'd be a good thing to be able to do. You're looking for a way to set like, a universal app that would be visible throughout every space vs. a space specific app... there's got to be a way. If there's not, there should be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
What about the every space option in the Spaces preference?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
There ya go. I'm running Tiger right now so I couldn't check :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.