memory mac

Reaction score
hi.
I want to buy new memory for my black macbook (1st generation). I saw at the apple store online this memory module: Apple Memory Module 2GB 667MHz DDR2 (PC2-5300) 2x1GB SO-DIMMs
and at pixmania they have for mac aswell this : Memory PC Value Select 2 x 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM PC5300

my question is.. if there's any problem if the memory is pc-5300 and not pc2-5300.

OP
F
Reaction score
ahah ok. tks!
well i just wanted to be sure because i dont want my mac to blow up or something. he has suffered enough..
tks again

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
ahah ok. tks!
well i just wanted to be sure because i dont want my mac to blow up or something. he has suffered enough..
tks again

There really isn't such a thing as Mac memory or PC memory anymore. They just want to confuse you and price gouge you.

I've never seen a Mac blow up before, but I've seen two PC blow up and left a nice black char on the wall.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.