Computers You Own

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Just a way for us all to have a little fun to see what our user base looks like.

U

urbandryad

The only computer I -own- is a clamshell ibook, and my new computer is going to be a G4 iBook, ergo...well..you guess what I put. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i just got rid of my PC like 2 weeks ago
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I have the following:

A PC tuned with the latest hardware for the sole purpose of playing the latest games at the highest settins.

A PC that is middle-of-the-road that my wife was/is using* (more on this in a bit)

An iMac that I do my everyday stuff on that sits on the same desk as my gaming PC

A PowerBook that I use for work and use when I'm away from my desk

A revA iMac that I use as a music and photo server that basically plays a slideshow and/or music all day. It also serves my Tivo with the photos/music to show family and friends on the TV.

*A Mac Mini that is KVM'd with the PC that my wife uses. She has fallen in love with the ease of MacOSX and is slowly getting away from the PC. This is both good and bad because it's great she's making the switch to the Mac, it's bad because I don't get to play with the Mac Mini.

That is all I have presently, but I'm looking for a cheap G4 PowerMac that I can toy around with until the wife gives the go-ahead for a new PowerMac G5 Dual2.5. ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I'm Mac-only. I currently have my G3 900 iBook and a G3 315 Beige AIO. I'm not sure whether my next Mac will be another classic model (I love older machines) or if I'll go for a new iBook or PowerBook. I may also build a PC for gaming and for the few applications that aren't available for Macintosh. I'm happy for now though.

K

kingcrowing2

Well, i built a gaming PC over the summer, it was good, but i hated it, i sold it on ebay... i then bought a G3 B&W to learn about macs and OS X... LOVED IT!!! then i sold that on ebay because i wanted something with a little more power, so i got an old Powerbook G4, and its amazing! however, i'm still in the process of switching, i've got a Dell inspiron 1100 notebook as well, right now i'm mainly using that, but just because i don't have the AC adapter for my G4 (It's in the mail...) but if it was up to me, i'd just use macs!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have 3 Macs and 4 PC's. Macs are Mac Mini, G4-500 Sawtooth, G4-350 Yikes that I use as a small server around the house. On the PC side a P4 2.53Ghz with 1Gig RAM that I currently use with an ATI Radeon All in Wonder for Video Capture/Editing. I have an AMD Athlon XP2400+ with ATI Radeon 9600 that I use for gaming, and a PIII Coppermine 700 that I use for a server on the PC side and an IBM Thinkpad 14.1" TFT Display Laptop for portable use. I would love to get a Powerbook someday but right now don't have the $$$.

I have a AMD Duron 700 that I use for basically a testing system to test cards and other parts of a system I am working on for other people. Comes in handy as a testing computer and if I mess it up with some defective part I won't loose one of my good systems!!

I also have a collection of old Macs that I have used over the years starting with a Mac 512, SE, IIFX and ending with a 8500/120.

K

Kokopelli

I have my 12" PB. The latest addition to my collection. Mac OS X 10.3.8 with Tiger 8a393 on an external FW drive.

An IBM X31 dual booting Windows XP PRO and Slackware 10.1. This was my primary box before the PB, now I use both about equally favoring the PB a bit.

A Toshiba 1 GHz laptop that is now used as a test ground dual booting XP Home and Slack 10.1. Soon to be retired.

Dualie AMD Athlon OC'd to 1.8GHz with a GF6800 running XP Pro as my Gaming box.

AMD Athlon OC'd to 1.4 GHZ that used to be my gaming box but is now just a secondary system. Currently running Ubuntu.

A 2.4GHz PIV Shuttle as my WebSphere development box. Dual boot RHEL and Win 2000 with WSAS installed on both plus portal on the Win partition.

A 900MHz Duron Shuttle where I test new OS releases on before updating ny of my other systems. Currently running Gentoo.

2 Via Neremiah micro ATX boxes. One as my file server and CVS the other as my firewall. Slack 10.1 on both. I am contemplating retiring the file server and replacing it with a mini.

Then I have a couple other systems that work but are not in active use ranging from a Via Neremiah down to an Apple II GS and a VIC-20. The modern ones I keep as scrap boxes, the older ones for sentimental reasons.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've got:
  • 20" FP iMac G4
  • 17" Powerbook
  • Dell running WinXP Pro and BeOS (gonna add some Linux distro to that soon)
I've also got a Dell laptop for work running Win2k.

B

bhanson

PC 1: (Was my main machine)
AMD Athlon XP "Barton" 2500+
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2
2x512MB PC3200 OCZ
BBA ATI Radeon 9800
Maxtor 160GB SATA HDD
Aspire X-Dreamer II Case

Mac 1: (Now is my main machine)
Apple iBook 12"
G4 1.2Ghz CPU
256MB RAM (I need to get some $$$ to upgrade this, but my pocketbook is running low right now)
30GB HDD (I need to upgrade this also, I've had this for just under two weeks now, and I have 550MB left. :/)
Radeon 9200 32MB
Internal Bluetooth

PC 2: (Router, Development, and Fileserver)
Intel Celeron 667Mhz
384MB RAM
60GB HDD

PC 3-20:
Not worth mentioning

Oh yes, almost forgot, I have an Apple IIe somewhere. (But don't have a startup disk so it won't run.)

K

Kokopelli

bhanson said:
30GB HDD (I need to upgrade this also, I've had this for just under two weeks now, and I have 550MB left. :/)
Sort of off topic but beware the dreaded 15% rule.

Oh yes, almost forgot, I have an Apple IIe somewhere. (But don't have a startup disk so it won't run.)

I have startup disk in storage I think. I still have an Apple II+ with the monster 5 1/4 disk.. Now there is a drive meant to last. The mainboard on my II+ is kaput but I think the start up disk was the same were they not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
comps i have:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and a PC with an 800mhz AMD proc

M

maverick2k

The only comp I have right now is a newly acquired G4 ibook 14" 1.33 Ghz with 512 mb of RAM and 60 gig HD....
Sold off my HP pavilion zv5213EA a fortnight ago and for good too. The darn thing was 3.65 kgs (for a 15" model) and had Athlon XP 3000+and Winblows XP.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I had a wintel95 - my first pc. Then an HP PC w/wintel ME. That became my Red Hat Linux PC, and then I got my desk top Mac w/OS X 10.3.3, the only one I really use now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
MacAddikt said:

Awesome Mac Plus, but you need to find a nicer stand for it. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
My G4 80 GB Super Drive eMac with 510 ram that's never given me a minute of concern.
Plus a 60GB, 510 ram, the other specs are unknown at this stage, XP box in bits that will have Ubuntu or Fedora Linux installed when it gets put back together again. :bandage:

M

markceltic

Macs are the only ones I ever owned.Borrowed a Performa 6300 that got me hooked,then purchased an iMac 600mhz sold that before I got this G4 imac.Which I still love very much btw :cool:

Reaction score
My first computer was an Acorn Electron and then a Macintosh LC, IIci, plus, imac 333mhz, ibook 800mhz and now the new imac G5. I also have a Sharp PC4500 laptop which I bought for 4 euros from a junk shop. Had three PC's in the past which I took apart to make one good one that I gave away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I have 3 comps at this point:

PowerComputing, I can't even remember the specs :)
PowerBook G4 667 Ti
iMac G5 20"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Desktop
iMac 17" G4 1.25 w/SuperDrive (DV Development, Email, Business)
iMac G3 233 Rev A (kids)
PowerMac 7200/120 (misc)
Several old PowerMac WGS, once used for specific applications, now paperweights)
Gateway Pentium III 1Ghz, software application development
Brand-X Pentium III 500 MHz, TV/Video applications
El-cheapo Compaq Presario for Ham Radio Packet Node Station software

Portable
PowerBook 12" G4 1.33 w/SuperDrive (Mobile Mac work)
iBook 12" G3 500 MHz (wife)
Dell Inspiron 8200 Pentium 4 1.4 GHz Notebook (Mobile PC work)
Dell Inspiron 7000 Pentium II 450 MHz (15" XGA Screen, great for DVD's)

Server
Dell PowerEdge Server, Windows 2000 Web Hosting/Email
Micron Pentium III 550 MHz Tower (Secondary DNS)

Network
Combination of all the above, on Airport Extreme Wireless (with Express base station for AirTunes and WDS) and copper-based network. 3Com switches, VLAN trunking for WAN/LAN between switches.

Other PC's in my shop, just not hooked up for any other purposes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.