This switcher just booted off BootCamp...100% Mac

Reaction score
I did it....

Last week, I had an epiphany after tiring of asking myself constantly how to get MS Money to work on either Parallels or BootCamp...playing Unreal Tournament III on BootCamp...wondering how much HD space I was giving up for my CRUTCH. I've had my Mac now barely a year and it was time for a decision.

So, my epiphany was, there are programs that do these things for Mac. If I'm going to be MAC, then there's nothing crucial I need from Windows. If I want Unreal Tournament, then enjoy UT2004 for Mac because UT3 for Mac is coming.

On the finance side, I went with iBank 3.4.1. Sure, it's not MS Money, but it's headed that direction. I don't need all the bells and whistles, but the basics sure matter....and iBank offers those for me.

As far as BootCamp vs Parallels...BootCamp is the way to go if you HAVE to have something Windows related. Since I've cut those cords, no more Parallels OR BootCamp. So, I gained 60GB back on my HD.

A hard jump actually was giving up the MasterCook 9. It's the premier Recipe Management software and survives well onto Vista from Win95. So, my choice was MacGourmet. Its the closest I can get and the developer of MG keeps making it better!

Someone posted a response here a couple of months back that started the new mindset. The question shouldn't be, "How can I get my Mac to do XYZ like it did in Windows?", but simply, "How do I do this on my Mac?"

So, I'm totally Mac now on my laptop. Still have Windows on a PC Machine, but it's not used very much. :Evil:

So, if I can do it, ANYONE can! Just give yourself time to learn it...and buy Dummies guides and visit the free workshops at your local Apple Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Welcome to the sweet life, bud. I've been Mac for life. :) It's a nice feeling. Even nicer now that all my friends are making the switch and are so much less stressed about their computers. :)

I don't know if they still make them, but the Macintosh Bible was always great for me. :) Maybe check your local Barnes and Noble or something. :)

Again, welcome to official Macdom :p

OP
PKGuy323
Reaction score
thanks!

I picked up "Leopard: The Missing Manual" and it is by far the most detailed, yet easy to read book on Leopard. I get Macworld Magazine and read all I can. Alot of great MacSites that have been extremely helpful.

Cheers to Year #2

Glenn

Welcome to the sweet life, bud. I've been Mac for life. :) It's a nice feeling. Even nicer now that all my friends are making the switch and are so much less stressed about their computers. :)

I don't know if they still make them, but the Macintosh Bible was always great for me. :) Maybe check your local Barnes and Noble or something. :)

Again, welcome to official Macdom :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4g, 4gb Ram | iPod Touch 8GB
Leopard: The Missing Manual is never off my desk. I finally sold my Windows Laptop a month ago, as I found I was never using it. It just collected dust.
Congrats on your total switch.

Reaction score
I applaud you however I am forced to used VMFusion on my Mac as a use a custom program for my DVD collection that is windows only. Plus my company uses Windows exclusively and in order to use the service call dispatching system and required online training I must use windows. Other than that everything else is pure Mac.

OP
PKGuy323
Reaction score
I would call that an acceptable reason to have Windows. ;D

I applaud you however I am forced to used VMFusion on my Mac as a use a custom program for my DVD collection that is windows only. Plus my company uses Windows exclusively and in order to use the service call dispatching system and required online training I must use windows. Other than that everything else is pure Mac.

Reaction score
Congratulations - it is a great feeling to cut the cord, isn't it?

OP
PKGuy323
Reaction score
It really is good to be off of Windows. Having the "Leopard:Missing Manual" really brings it all together for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
The only thing I use my Windows partition for is The Sims 2 for the kids, and testing the web site for my dad's business. Then again, I have been a Mac user for almost 10 years now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.