iMovie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
So I used to use iMovie (5-6 years ago) and it was amazingly intuitive and useful. this latest incarnation deserves nothing more than to be drug out into the street, spat upon and then shot - several times, in the knees, then h...

Wow. Gruesome. But really, it SUCKS! Is there a way to make it back into the good ol' iMovie that trumped Movie Maker in every worthwhile respect?

Thanks again

-Just for the record, I was able to create a movie using the software.. but I know that were I to use the older version or movie maker, it would have been done faster and with the proper effects, transitions, and titles.

Reaction score
Apple had made iMovie HD (v6.0.4) available as a free download for quite some time. This was in response to so many complaints about the "new" iMovie structure and interface that just rubbed some people the wrong way. I think Apple removed its availability from their web site but you may be able to find it elsewhere. If you can't, PM me and I may be able to supply you with a source. I don't believe there should be any issues with this since Apple offered it free with no restrictive licensing (except that you had to have iMovie 7).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.