AC3 file into 6 wavs

Reaction score
I am trying to extract voices from a soundtrack. I have heard that one method of doing this is to convert an AC3 file into 6 wavs and use only the central channels.

Although I have found software for a PC to make this conversion, I have not found any software on a Mac.

Any ideas of suitable software would be greatly appreciated!

OP
M
Reaction score
I am trying to extract voices from a soundtrack. I have heard that one method of doing this is to convert an AC3 file into 6 wavs and use only the central channels.

Although I have found software for a PC to make this conversion, I have not found any software on a Mac.

Any ideas of suitable software would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 3.2ghz/4TB/16GBram - Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz Intel 2 duo core/4GBram/750GB
Soundtrack pro can handle this task, but the key is extracting the AC3 to separate audio channels. Download Mpegstreamclip, Mactheripper and VLC player for starters, they're all free and very useful.

I'm looking for a way to turn AC3 files back into a DVD-audio disc myself, I think I'll start a new thread for that. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.