Should I Bring My Mac Pro With Me to Mac Store?

Reaction score
This is my first post,as I just made the switch from PC to Mac.

My Mac just showed up from Amazon and I need to have a wireless card installed. I called the Mac store and they said an Airport Extreme Wireless Card would cost me $30 for card w/ installation. When I go to the Mac store to purchase the card, should I just bring my Mac Pro with me or will they have to schedule an appointment for me to bring it in to have it installed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ;D

Reaction score
They will have to schedule a time for the card to be installed. All stores do this differently. You best bet is to call the store, and ask them 1, if they can schedule a time for the installation, and 2, if you should bring your Mac Pro with you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
They will have to schedule a time for the card to be installed. All stores do this differently. You best bet is to call the store, and ask them 1, if they can schedule a time for the installation, and 2, if you should bring your Mac Pro with you.

Some good advice.

It might make sense to call your nearest store and first ask them if they have any cards in stock and if they do you might want to ask if you bring your mac pro in today can you have one installed in your system.

Reaction score
I had an Airport card installed in my Mac Pro when I bought it at the store, took them about 10 minutes (not including the wait). It is a very simple installation: Take the door off, slide the Ram/CPU tray out, stick the Airport card in, put the Ram/CPU tray back in, and then put the door back on.

Reaction score
Why not just install it yourself?

I mean, it shouldn't be that difficult.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help. I called my nearest store and they scheduled me to come in tomorrow morning.

Thanks Again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hackintosh ,Quad, Editing Machine
mac pro airport cards are not user installable , always make an appointment for everything

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.