Opening convo's in aMSN.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook
For some reason Amsn doesn't run very well on my mac, i can very rarely open convo's and it's very slow. Anyone had the same problem and possibly know a solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Do you happen to be running iTunes at the same time?

I've noticed that aMSN is flaky if I have iTunes running.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed this. I think it's just a problem with the software. =/ Suckkks. I know, Adium works well but lacks the advanced features of aMSN.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
Yup. Unfortunately aMSN isn't very stable. Try turning off plugins you don't really need such a transparency. Also, try using a skin that isn't to fancy. I noticed a huge improvement when I switched from the "canabis" skin to the "futurosoft" one.

Hope that helps :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Unfortunately aMSN isn't very stable.

The only time I've had a problem is when iTunes is running.......and even then it's hit or miss as to whether or not aMSN will screw up.

Reaction score
I have literally used all the chat clients out there for Mac. I have used aMSN, and I found the application to be very buggy and slow for the most part. Aesthetically speaking, of course, aMSN just isn't very pretty to look at. If you really need a client that supports MSN, then I'd highly suggest Adium. All the customizations may scare you at first, but I feel that it is the best client.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.