Logo Feedback

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 2GB
Hey guys,

I have been messing around with a logo for my freelance graphic design services, and think I have finally come up with something I can stick with. Tell me what you think. After I settle on a final design I'll end up redoing my portfolio to match it colour wise.

Be harsh, but be constructive.

Thanks,

Carson

logo-concept.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 1.8GHz PowerPC G5, 2GB DDR SDRAM/(2) iPod 3gs 15&30GB/iPod Nano 4g 15GB/iPod Classic 6g 120GB
The design is clever. Have you tried it with more color like oranges and/or greens?

Reaction score
The design is clever. Have you tried it with more color like oranges and/or greens?

I agree that the font colors need to be brighter, but orange and green might not go with you theme. try lighter blues for the text.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I like it and also agree you need to make the text stand out more. Also "Design" doesn't seam to fit. I would play with the spacing to get the D moved over the the right a few pixels.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Colors like that blue and grey make it seem like you are Corp. I do agree with above posters about using a different color palette. Someone suggested green and orange because they seem to have more energy and go with a more youthful appeal. Play around with color, I usually have 100 color variations for one logo. Keep in mind that color sells and it also says a lot.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I haven't changed the colours as of yet, but I did mess with the 'design' a little. I made it smaller and flushed it to the right, but I think lower case would work even better.

Here is a newer concept - http://carsonshold.com/images/logos2.jpg

And here is a 3d logo I had to do for a class - http://carsonshold.com/images/Final_1.mov

Umm is there a particular reason why your logo is so large? I think if you play around with the size you can get the word design to fit better. The word design under your name is tracked way out too much and it's beginning to get hard to read.

The 2nd one seems a little odd because of the empty space on the bottom left.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I think I'd make the logo the same height as the combined heights of the text, instead of that little bit bigger. It currently aligns with the bottom, but it'd be nice if it fit between the top and the bottom... I really like the darker colour, but I think the light blue could be a little more grey so it tones in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.