• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

mini display port to vga connector

Reaction score
I have a new macbook aluminum 2.4 and i want to watch some movies from my home network drive on my sony 60" xbr2 tv. Will this connector do the trick? When ive hooked my desktop to my bedroom sony 40" plasma it fills the complete screen. When i first tried to connect my friends compaq presario laptop to my tv it would fill the screen. Just put box in center of tv. Will the mac do the same as the other laptop did or will it attempt to "stretch" it to fit the tv screen? I just dont want to buy this $30 connector and have it not do what ill buy it for. I only want this connector to run it to my tv. If there is any other suggestions im open for input.

Thanks in advance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.