Graphics Cards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24"imac 640gb hard drive nvidea gt130 graphics card.
Hello Everybody
This is my first post,and just a general question really,so here goes.Having been a pc user for the last 12 years i have become dissollussioned with the pc experience ie virus's and malicious mail etc etc and am now going over to the white side.I am going to order the 24" imac with the 640 gb hard drive,but am unsure as to which graphics card to go for,i was going to upgrade to the NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 512MB,but am now thinking of changing to the ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB.I like to take photographs and now with my new camera shall be using the raw formatt a lot, and maybe in the near future going into video editing.So my question is, Is it worth the extra 40 quid between these two cards,and go with the Radeon ,or go for the Nvidea. Any help would do nicely,and very much appreciated.
Very interesting forum and knowledgable people by the way.
regards tony

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well it kind of comes down to what brand you prefer. I'm an NVidia fan myself. >_>"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.