See through Folders in OSX

Reaction score
Ok so I love my new iMac. Some things are taking a little bit of adjustment, (like closing windows on the left which I dont particularly like, I guess short cuts help that).

Anyway the one thing I dont like is how the folders are not see through. I know you can label them change the colors and icons etc, but I did like the feature at least for my pics in XP that I could see a few pics it made it a lot faster to find what I am looking for while scanning quickly (well over 5000 pics in several folders on my mac)

I know I can use iPhoto, but dont really feel like opening that all the time.

So I found this program today and it does exactly what I wanted it to do. Now when I go into my pictures folder I see 4 pic previews in each one.

Not sure if anyone else cares about this stuff too but here is the link if your interested.

Download OSXP Folders QuickLook Plugin for Mac - Display Windows XP style folders when images in the folder. MacUpdate Mac Icon Tools Software Downloads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Thanks, that's awesome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
This might sound like a stupid question but, how do you organize your photos to begin with ? I have always labeled my folders with very specific names for the type of photos which were in them, thereby defeating the need for such a feature. I've done this with Windows, Linux and now OS X Here's an example:

Labels just seem a lot more logical and efficient IMO.

Doug

Picture 1.jpg

OP
S
Reaction score
This might sound like a stupid question but, how do you organize your photos to begin with ? I have always labeled my folders with very specific names for the type of photos which were in them, thereby defeating the need for such a feature. I've done this with Windows, Linux and now OS X Here's an example:

Labels just seem a lot more logical and efficient IMO.

Doug

Mine are specifically labeled to I have SEVERAL folders, and folders within those folders.

But in OSX all the folders look exactly the same, so basically its reading the text, which while is not horrible, but when you have 40 plus main pic folders and 100s of folders within them its tedious (maybe I will try cover flow like you maybe thats easier).

I can tell from one picture exactly what that file is, so I can scroll VERY fast down them and pick up a picture in with my vision much faster then I can read text. Infact I scroll so fast sometimes texts are just blurs compared to seeing a picture fly by and immediately picking it out.

Picture 1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.