iPhoto Pictures in the Apple Store - How can I get that quality?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Hi all,

I was in the Apple Store today bumming around and had a great time looking through all of the photos they have in iPhoto. I've always enjoyed those pictures - they're such nice quality. The colors are always so vibrant and the focus is always great. My question is this - how can I come close to this quality? What sort of camera should I be looking for? I've always been told that having an expensive camera won't make you a better photographer, and I'm sure that's true, but my camera comes no where near that quality (it's just a regular point-and-shoot). Obviously, those photos are taken by a professional with equipment way out of my range and probably skill level. Still, I love how those pictures come out and am curious what kind of camera I should be looking at if I want to be able to sort of look like that.

Cheers,
Taylor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram
An entry level Dslr will give you near pro results. Just grab a Canon camera and a Canon 50mm f/1.8. A used Canon 30D goes for $400-$500 and a 50mm is about $75. I'm no pro, but I think some of my images come out pretty good. These are taken with a 30D and Sigma 70-200 f2.8
Chris_IMG_9417.jpg

Liam_test_IMG_0481.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
And remember, cameras don't take pictures ---- people do. Good luck. :D

Great shots BTW

OP
WasabiTaylor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Those are exactly the kind of results I'm looking for.

One more quick question. My brother's friend's Mom had a Canon camera that appeared to be point and shoot, but yielded similar results. The defining thing about the was that the LCD viewing screen actually flipped out to the side, so that when taking a camera, the LCD was flipped out to the left. When not in use, obviously, it was closed and the LCD was protected. Anyone know what kind of camera is? I've searched all over the internet for it and it seems to have been discontinued. Has anyone ever heard of anything like that?

Reaction score
Something like this?

00579_canon-powershot-sx10is.jpg

That would be a Canon Powershot SX10

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.