20" iMAC + preSonus Firebox

Reaction score
Another new Mac user here

Stupid question #1
In Garage Band, how do I assign the various outputs from the preSonus Firebox to the Garage Band channels? Do I have to use the mixer software that comes with the Firebox? (I guess that's 2 questions)

Stupid question #2
Will the Firewire input allow audio and MIDI signals simultaneously, or do I need to use the USB out from my keyboard to get MIDI? I want to be able to record the score (sheet music) from the keyboard.

Thanks in advance...

Reaction score
Another new Mac user here
Hey dgray5692,

I'm a new Mac user as well. I have an iMac with the same interface as you. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to either of your questions, (still learning myself).

What kind of keyboard do you have? I have an M-Audio keyboard on the way and according to M-Audio it should be hooked to the computer only via USB, and the MIDI ports should be used for external stuff.

If you haven't already found your answers you may find success with the following forums...

Harmony Central Musician Community Forums
Home Recording - Powered by vBulletin

M-Audio questions...
The Official M-Audio User Forums - Powered by vBulletin
(They sometimes take a minute to post replies, but they almost always do.)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Best,
Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.