Tiger Thought

K

killer_bites

Ok, one of the main reasons i chose to switch was the prospects of tiger, it looks totally awsome.

Right, here we go - from a Windows background, i have experienced problems with upgrading an os to a new version. They always seem to run like a nail, unless i format and start again.

Seeing as though most programs for the mac, are just one file, im thinking tiger should just run like its a brand new install? Has anyone who upgraded to panther experienced this or confirm i wont notice a difference other than improved functionality. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
it is not the drag-and-drop install that we all love with panther....

you just boot up with cd and you run through a few dialogs and then it installs and then it reboots like 2times dependning on what you instaslled

very simple, very NOT like windows install
-chris

Reaction score
i think the application being one file is very smart like you said. instead of dll's and system files. it's safer, although now there are installers with programs..
I also agree that tiger will be awsome, and hopefully will blow windows away!

OP
Z

zakatov

killer_bites said:
So, is upgrading clunky or is it as smooth as a fresh format?

I'd say it's as good as a fresh install cuz there are no dlls/parts of other programs in the system folder, like there are in Windows, so the rest of the system (all programs, etc), don't even notice a difference, between 10.x updates; sort of like an archive/install, which is as close to a fresh install as one can get

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.