Looking for a new Photo Forum

Reaction score
is this a legit photo forum with real photographers who offer CC and advice and things like this? I'm looking for a new photo forum because "thephotoforum.com" keeps banning me for no reason..

is this place what i'm looking for?

Reaction score
You could post here, but these forums don't seem to be as active as those at dcresource.com or dpreview.com.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I would recommend my forum, but to be honest, I don't see a forum banning anyone "for no reason". There has to be something.

OP
chrisburke
Reaction score
I would recommend my forum, but to be honest, I don't see a forum banning anyone "for no reason". There has to be something.

your very right.. they banned me for being "too honest" with people.. they would post photos, i would tell them what was wrong with them, and they thought i was being to harsh... meanwhile, I was just trying to help people improve...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 24" Imac 2.93ghz 4gb RAM 640gb HDD GT130 GPU
Are you looking for a free forum or paid forum? I can give you a link to a paid forum that is excellent, but it costs 19.67 a month.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
FWIW, if you were talking about our members here the way you were over there, you wouldn't be on this forum very long either.

When you're shopping forums, your first stop should be the forum rules. The forum rules lay down the framework for the community. If you see things like "no profanity", "family friendly" and the like, chances are it's going to be highly moderated (much like this one is). With that said, there are plenty of forums that are much more laid back - perhaps that's what you need.

For the record, criticizing someone's work is fine and dandy handy here - provided that it's constructive and doesn't turn into a flame war. But to describe members as a "punk-*** kid" would certainly lead to a suspension here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.