Exclamation marks in iPhoto

I

ibmac'n

Can anybody tell me what is going on here? I made a photo disc the other day. When I went to play it on the TV, in the preview pane, a few of my photos were not showing up. It there place was a yellow triangular sign with an exclamation mark dead centered. Then on another project, I chose an album in iPhoto and proceded to order an album book. When the photos were finished uploading, the preview showed those flip'n exclamation marks on a lot of my photos. Can somebody tell me what these mean and how to avoid this in the future.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
That means that the picture's resolution is too low for it to come out at the best quality

OP
I

ibmac'n

Okay. If that is the reason, why wouldn't it be viewable on the TV low resolution or not?
When looking at the photo in iPhoto, it seems fine, doesn't show a mark. Is iPhoto saying you can't include that photo because the resolution is to low? What is the lowest resolution allowable before you get the stupid(!) ?

Reaction score
I was having the same problem too. Is there a way to fix this problem? How do you acquire more resolution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1. Turn the settings on your camera to the highest quality
2. Get a new camera

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
ibmac'n said:
Can anybody tell me what is going on here? I made a photo disc the other day. When I went to play it on the TV, in the preview pane, a few of my photos were not showing up.

this may be a little off subject but i have been trying to do this since i read your post a couple of hours ago and i can not figure otu how to do it. could you tell please?

thanks

dylan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
fearlessfreap24 said:
this may be a little off subject but i have been trying to do this since i read your post a couple of hours ago and i can not figure otu how to do it. could you tell please?

thanks

dylan
that member hasn't been on the site since 6-11-05 so i dont think you are going to get an answer

Reaction score
actually these photos are old ones that I have scan, it has nothing to do with the camera. I have a 5 mg now , so the recent ones are not a problem. Is there something I can do in photoshop, or third party software. Some of the photos are of my grandmother and they are old, some black and whites., etc

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope, only thing you could do is rescan them at a higher quality

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.