• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Portability on MBP's

Reaction score
I created this thread under the Video heading because I needed an opinion.

I don't own a Mac yet but I am saving for one.
If anyone does any video editing, do they use the 15 or 17" MBP? How much easier is the 17" to haul around?
I've seen seminars with people who drag their macs with them and make presentations with them, but I can't determine which one they are using.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
The 17" is not to bad to move around but it is heavy and big. I have a 15" now but I used to have a 17" and I got smaller one as it is much easier to haul around.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm just going to have to take a trip to the Apple store and play around with theirs.

Thanks B&O for the reply!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
always a good idea to get your hands on the machine before you buy :)

as for the portability, I have a 15" and I cary it around all day and it's pretty good ... I mean I had a 14" laptop before, so for me it was a bit large at first, but as I said, I cary it from room to room all day long, either in a backpack or just in my hands - doesn't get in the way, doesn't feel heavy, it's very thin - ideal :)

don't know about the 17" since I have only seen the previos generation

but from time to time I do see people with the new 13" and I just can't help to think that it's just more sexy than the 15" ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.