How do you make a back up of the icons?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Considering a Mac... hopefully
I wanted to change my Macintosh HD icon by right clicking and get info, but i'm afraid i won't be able to change the icon back to its original state. How would I do this?

Reaction score
If you use the application candybar you can return the original icon fairly easily. I'm sure you can find the original icons online as well. But if you want to back them up yourself right click the app>show package contents>contents>Resources> and the icon is located somewhere in here just look .icns

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
I had this same fear when getting some new icons. You can just cut the image you pasted over the original and it change back to the default (With out any other application).

For example if I pasted a picture of a cookie over my Mail application by pressing command I and then pasting the image over the original Mail icon. I could then click on the picture of the cookie and select cut in the menu bar and it will change back to the default Mail icon.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
The delete key works fine in 'get info' to change icons back to default.
S.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.