Missing email attachments

srs

Reaction score
Greetings all.
I'm a REALLY new mac person. Just started a new job at a new company and they all have macs...which I'm really starting to love!

However, I'm having an issue with email attachments. When I send emails out to multiple people with attachments (so far with WORD and PDF documents), some people get the email just fine...and others get the email message BUT no attachment...not even a suggestion that there should be an attachment.

When I check my 'sent' file, it shows as though the email went out with the attachment.

I have the "send windows-friendly attachments" box checked. Can't think of what else to check.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That may be a function of how your recipients have their email clients settings adjusted to. Especially those folks who you send email to that are using Windows machines. Security settings may either strip the attachments off or they may be suppressed. Most large businesses restrict incoming attachments and will only accept those that are generated within the company.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.