I made the switch! Bluetooth mouse?

D

dkopp1961

My new Powerbook is on the way! :cool: I did a search on the forum for the Radtech BT-500 Bluetooth mouse with no results. Has anyone used this mouse? I really would prefer bluetooth over usb, and from what I have read the Apple one clicker is not functional.

Thank you for your help,

Dave

OP
T

Thud

dkopp1961 said:
My new Powerbook is on the way! :cool: I did a search on the forum for the Radtech BT-500 Bluetooth mouse with no results. Has anyone used this mouse? I really would prefer bluetooth over usb, and from what I have read the Apple one clicker is not functional.

Thank you for your help,

Dave

For me that mouse is way too small to use all the time but I guess it's a good match for a powerbook.

A lot of people have the Kensington bluetooth mouse, and the Logitech Mx700, and both seem to work pretty well. Logitech doesn't officially have mac drivers yet though.

OP
M

mojo17

dkopp1961 said:

Thank you for your help,

Dave
I have that mouse and have been satisfied with it. It is small, but thats the point. Otherwise I could use a regular usb mouse.

OP
K

killer_bites

Thud said:
Logitech doesn't officially have mac drivers yet though.

So there is support? Does the OS just detect? i have the bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but im thinking i could just use the mouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
i use the apple b/t mouse - its ok - but there's no scrolling.. but since i have the track scroll function on my pbook i just use my left hand for scrolling and type at the same time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I personally like the Apple BT mouse, but if you're used to the two-button with scroll wheel, I think that dvforge.com's The Mouse BT with Mac designs, two buttons, and a scroll wheel, with bluetooth functionality is a great alternative (linked in another's post above). I've been using it for a few weeks now and I really like it overall, even if it's not flawless. You should be able to use your Radtech mouse if you really want it. OS X tends to be unbelievably good about not needing drivers and such.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.