New Premium Member Perk: iPhone Style

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
While the iPhone optimized site looks fantastic, I have one qualm. Having to manually switch the style can be a bit of a pain for those of us who want to access M-F on both a computer and on our iPhone. Granted, it's easy enough to get back to the full version when we're back on the computer, but then switching back to the iPhone skin involves going through the same steps over again.

There are sites out there that can detect whether you're using an iPhone and will direct you to an iPhone optimized site while giving you the option of using the regular site. I was just wondering whether such a thing were possible at M-F. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the fact that we're getting this new perk, just trying to see if we can make it a better experience for everyone. If it's easier to use, more people will be likely to use it.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Thanks for the feedback, it's a work in progress, but we did want to make available what we had. For most users, as it is for me, setting the iPhone skin option while browsing MF on your phone will set the phone to display in iPhone skin while allowing you to view using the regular skin on your computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Mine doesn't seem to do that. I changed it on my phone but it automatically changed on my desktop. Once I changed it back to normal on my desktop, it reverted back to normal on my phone as well :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Thanks guys. I've been waiting for this. I seem to have to problem Kash is having as well but I'm glad this is out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.