I finally took the plunge!

Reaction score
So after owning several apple products over the years, iPods from Gen 1 through classic, the iPhone, time capsule and even using and Apple IIe back in the day, I finally bought my first mac.

I have been going back and forth since last year about which one to buy, I was going to buy a mini and just get my feet wet then I started playing with my friends and spending time at the Apple store, I moved up to maybe getting a 20" iMac. But of course you always want more!!

Well I am now the proud owner (well I will be once the shipment gets to my house) of a 24" 2.93ghz iMac. I left the specs how they are except the wireless mouse and the numeric keyboard.

I used my company discount and some really nice gift cards I got from my family so it only ended up costing me $1250 out of pocket including tax.

I am really excited and cant wait to get rid of this Dell sitting in front of me now. I still have a PC laptop for work though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Good news, I recently retired the old G4 and got a new iBook, I must say its awesome. I predict the new Mac will soon be putting a smile on your face.

Welcome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Enjoy ! My daughter has one of those in New Zealand, I used it when we were visiting and it's awesome. I've never seen a screen like it.

Computer is no slouch either !!

OP
S
Reaction score
Enjoy ! My daughter has one of those in New Zealand, I used it when we were visiting and it's awesome. I've never seen a screen like it.

Computer is no slouch either !!

Thanks, I havent really even played with a 2.93 model yet, I had been basically playing with only the 20" and 24" 2.66 models, but as much as I tried I couldnt talk myself into integrated graphics (no matter how good they are) on a desktop.

So its the 2.93, I am waiting to see how much faster it will seem over the 2.66.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.