• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Recording webcast from MAC to HDD>DVD

Reaction score
Hi. My friend's band has some webcasts I would like to capture & burn to DVD.
Is it possible to hook up my Mac Book Pro to a HDD DVD Recorder using DVI to Video Adapter? What should I know before I attempt this?

All help much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Should be possible; heck, some people use their Macs as entertainment centers, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Or what you could do is if you don't mind spending some money on software, get the latest version of Toast, which allows you to capture video web streams.

OP
D
Reaction score
Help w/ Recording Streaming media to DVD Recorder

So all I have to do is hookup a HD DVD Recorder to my Mac Book Pro, play the Flash video on my computer, then hit record on my HD DVD Recorder? This sounds too easy. I haven't bought a HD DVD Recoder yet, so I can't try it out. I just want to see if it's possible first. Do I really need Toast for this? :eek:

All help much appreciated.

OP
D
Reaction score
Help

Has anyone successfully recorded a webcast from their Mac Book Pro onto a DVD Recorder with HD, then burnt that file on to a DVD?

OP
D
Reaction score
I'm going buy a DVD recorder & just hook it up and see...I'll let people know what happens

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.