CP_Main Error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz 2 GB, Core 2 Duo OS 10.5.6
I'm running Windows XP on a MacBook Pro that is running OS 10.5.6. I sometimes run Windows natively and other times through Parallels 3.0 (Build 4128).

I had recently reinstalled Windows from scratch using a SP2 version, updated SP3, etc. Everything was working properly. A few days ago, running through Parallels, I started getting an error message. The window title is CP_Main. The warning reads: "No error message is available." When I close that warning window, I get another window (CP_Main) reading: "Error Opening database." I don't know how to fix this.

Yesterday, I tried to boot in Windows directly twice. It would not boot all of the way and indicated I should insert the Windows installation disk to fix an error (I don't remember the exact message). In any case, I didn't have the disk. So when I tried to replicate it today to insert the Windows disk, the computer booted into Windows and simply gave the same CP_Main messages noted above.

I've tried to boot into the Windows install disk directly to see if I have a repair option without success. It simply boots right into Windows on the hard drive.

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This occurs on occasion when using a Boot Camp installation of Windows XP as a VM for either Parallels or Fusion. I usually advise folks not to run XP both ways. Either run it one way or the other. That doesn't happen with Vista because Vista uses a different boot sector scheme.

You may be able to repair the XP installation by booting to XP using your original installation CD and selecting "repair". See the following Link

If that doesn't work you'll need to reinstall XP.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.