• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Problems dragging movies to iMovie

Reaction score
I have a small collection of video (a few seconds each) taken from my Olympus camera and from my LG Shine cellphone.
I have no problem downloading the videos from the Olympus camera to either iPhoto or iMovie, the problem is, I am able to download the movies taken from my cellphone to iPhoto but I cannot transfer them (or even drag them) to iMovie to burn them to a dvd.

I can drag them to the desktop (from the camera or iPhoto) but somehow iMovie will not recognize them and everytime I drag them into iMovie they just dissapear.

Am I doing something wrong? I have no clue as to what type of video it is (I am very sorry but I am very ignorant on the subject). All I know, is that the movies are stored in an SD card or a Micro SD card and I use a card reader to transfer them to iPhoto.

I also need advice on a way of rotating movies either left or right 45 degrees (same way pictures are rotated in iPhoto). I have the same videos from my cellphone and they need to be rotated. Do I need a special software to do that?

I thank you in advance for any replies on these subjects

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.