Newbie switcher and my first Mac Invention

Reaction score
So far, I'm exceedingly happy with my MBP 15.4" purchase (despite the $2000+ pricetag!).

I do miss my docking station from my (gag) Dell laptop as it was neat and clean at the office. After searching for a cable minder, I saw some home made solutions and blatantly copied them.

Mine, however, has a trade name. If any of you steal this trade name, I'll crawl through this monitor and spill molasses on your keyboard :Evil:

My cable invention thing is called the Cordinator. Not "Coordinator", but "Cordinator". Get it?

Pics:

IMG_7731.jpg

IMG_7734.jpg

IMG_7735.jpg

IMG_7737.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure you don't have any kids or pets wandering around behind your desk! :) Nice setup.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
I think I'd put some rubber grommets between the cords and your cordinator.
The idea is great though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
That thing stapled/nailed into the desk? I'd find that a bit tough to do since my desk is made of steel and glass, but nice job.

For as "wireless" as these Macs are mine sure has a lot of wires hanging out of it. ;) I have every port but the network and mic occupied when I'm at home!

Cordinator eh? Does it find Sarah Connor?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
My desk was recently a mess - now it's nice and simplistic, just the way it should be. All that's on it are my speakers, my external HD, my MB and my Homer Simpson toy.

OP
C
Reaction score
That thing stapled/nailed into the desk? I'd find that a bit tough to do since my desk is made of steel and glass, but nice job.

3M_Super_77.jpg

Cordinator eh? Does it find Sarah Connor?

What did the Cordinator say when somebody asked it where it would be staying?

I'll be (in the) back..... of the desk (said in your best Governator voice)

OK. Bad joke. :Lips-Are-Sealed:

OP
C
Reaction score
I think I'd put some rubber grommets between the cords and your cordinator.
The idea is great though.

Good idea. I just punched them with a hole punch, so they are kinda sharp. I think I even have some grommets laying around....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.