Post It Program? (Not Sticky)

Reaction score
I am wondering if there is a post it program for mac? Or similar? I don't like sticky because it won't stick onto my desktop, I don't want it to float around my screen, but I want to be abe to see my notes when I minimizes all my windows... i just them for brief reminder of to do list... thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Have you tried using the Stickies Widget in Dashboard? Sure, you have to open a new one for each note, but I use it all the time to keep notes that I want but an F12 key away. On the other hand some people have a distaste for Dashboard. I'm not one of them.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Have you tried using the Stickies Widget in Dashboard? Sure, you have to open a new one for each note, but I use it all the time to keep notes that I want but an F12 key away. On the other hand some people have a distaste for Dashboard. I'm not one of them.

I do the same, but I have Dashboard assigned to a "hot corner", so when I drag my cursor to the bottom left corner, all of my widgets pop up. Very handy.

OP
F
Reaction score
I do the same, but I have Dashboard assigned to a "hot corner", so when I drag my cursor to the bottom left corner, all of my widgets pop up. Very handy.

Can you please explain this? what is hot corner?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you please explain this? what is hot corner?

You can define the corners of your screen to perform certain actions. This is done in System Preferences => Expose & Spaces => Expose tab. Depending on how you set it up, when you drag your pointer all the way to the extreme corner of the screen, certain functions will activate, one of the options is Dashboard.

For example, my upper-left corner does Expose, show all windows. My upper-right corner does Expose, hide all windows. My lower left activates dashboard, and my lower-right blanks the screen.

Reaction score
Love the dashboard stickies, but I can't write on the darn things. And how do you create a new one?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Love the dashboard stickies, but I can't write on the darn things. And how do you create a new one?

Click the + sign in the Dashboard and the drag and drop a new sticky to an empty area.

OP
F
Reaction score
You can define the corners of your screen to perform certain actions. This is done in System Preferences => Expose & Spaces => Expose tab. Depending on how you set it up, when you drag your pointer all the way to the extreme corner of the screen, certain functions will activate, one of the options is Dashboard.

For example, my upper-left corner does Expose, show all windows. My upper-right corner does Expose, hide all windows. My lower left activates dashboard, and my lower-right blanks the screen.

Apple is amazing. Thank you! so much!!

OP
F
Reaction score

When I go the the Expose tab, the option to use the corners for expose is not there, only dashboard, desktop, etc...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.