Microsoft Apps for Macs

Reaction score
I've recently purchased my first Mac. I've wanted one for a few years and just decided to make the leap. The cost is a bit more than my budget can handle on a new piece of office equipment but I'm looking foward to using my new Mac.

Question... I've used Microsoft Money Plus for years now. I've done some research on a compariable application only to find few and with many different reviews. Has anyone heard of a great personal finance application similar to MS Money. I don't want to use Quicken, too many bad reviews.

I'm currently using Remote Connection to access my favorite Windows Apps. Including MS Money, Office, Nero, and a Windows version of Adobe CS2. Does anyone know of a better way to connect a Windows machine to a Mac other than using Boot Camp, or Remote Connection? Is there a way to connect using a KVM switch from a iMac to Windows, using the iMac screen?

Just thought I'd throw out my current concerns as a new Mac user.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've recently purchased my first Mac. I've wanted one for a few years and just decided to make the leap. The cost is a bit more than my budget can handle on a new piece of office equipment but I'm looking foward to using my new Mac.

Question... I've used Microsoft Money Plus for years now. I've done some research on a compariable application only to find few and with many different reviews. Has anyone heard of a great personal finance application similar to MS Money. I don't want to use Quicken, too many bad reviews.

Although I don't use it, I've often heard it said that MS Money is one of those programs for which there isn't a perfect replacement on Mac OS X. The good news is that you can always run it using virtualization software (like Parallels, VMWare, VirtualBox or even CrossOver). If you'd rather have a native OS X application for this purpose, iBank gets pretty decent reviews.

I'm currently using Remote Connection to access my favorite Windows Apps. Including MS Money, Office, Nero, and a Windows version of Adobe CS2. Does anyone know of a better way to connect a Windows machine to a Mac other than using Boot Camp, or Remote Connection? Is there a way to connect using a KVM switch from a iMac to Windows, using the iMac screen?

Just thought I'd throw out my current concerns as a new Mac user.

I don't believe a KVM is an option, as the iMac doesn't have an SVGA or DVI input to use it as a monitor. But you can certainly continue using Microsoft's Remote Desktop for Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Big Sur V.11.2.3 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2019) 3.1GHz 6 Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB DDR4 SSD,

I was in the same situation when I switched. Currently I am using "Moneydance", a very basic progam for around $30.00. It may not meet all your needs, but I like it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.