New User

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new here and also just got my first Mac :)
The machine is amazing, I love the way it works. I do have one little problem, I like using Office for Mac and I was wondering if someone can answer my question.
on my current Outlook on Windows when i receive an email it's delivered to my inbox immediatley, but on Entourage there this schedule for Send/Receive..
do you know how to make immediate delivery or it can't be done?

Thanks for any help
Omar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can set how often it runs the send and receive

OP
O
Reaction score
I tried doing that and the best I could do is 1 min.
you think I can make it immediate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Outlook works in the same way - it checks the e-mail every few minutes. Is a 1 minute time delay too long for you?

OP
O
Reaction score
1 minute is not too long lol
but it would be nice to have it like the older version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
1 minute is not too long lol
but it would be nice to have it like the older version.

As far as I am aware there is no way for a email client (old or new) to retrieve the emails immediately when they are received. Each client has to be configured with a number of minutes on how often you would like it to check for a email.

Real time doesn't exist in a email clients as it would be too process heavy and constantly performing a send/receive command wouldn't be too healthy for your internet connection.

I am afraid 1 minute is the best you can do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
As far as I am aware there is no way for a email client (old or new) to retrieve the emails immediately when they are received.

If you have a Microsoft Exchange server and Microsoft Outlook on Windows, it does just that. When it's working properly, anyway. Same thing with an iPhone on an Exchange server, or an iPhone with MobileMe. Entourage does not support this on Exchange, yet.

If you're using Outlook with a regular mail server (IMAP or POP3) then it works just like Entourage: it checks every x number of minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Big Sur V.11.2.3 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2019) 3.1GHz 6 Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB DDR4 SSD,
I used MS Outlook and am now using Entourage for my POP 3 e-mail. Mine is set to check for new mail every 10 minutes. If I don't want to wait that long I just click "send and receive" and if any mail is available on my server it goes to the inbox immediately.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.