Switcher...6 months on

Reaction score
I just thought I'd come in here and post about my experience as a swticher, 6 months into my 'journey' :)

After using 'the others' for 20ish years, and being completely self taught on all things computing, I finally had enough of the headaches and frustration of dealing with them. I had seen a couple of friends with Macs, and I just knew that I HAD to have one for my next computer!

I did a lot of reading and research before my purchase, including finding this forum (thank you!!) so I had no illusions that the transition would necessarily be easy. But, I have to say that it honestly has been so far!! Yes, i have had a few 'moments', but most times a quick search of the forums here or google soon sorted me out :D

I just love love love the smooth, easy and calm feel and use of them. And I have also since remembered that my VERY first computer experience in the 3rd grade was on an Apple IIe LOL. So maybe I've always really been a Mac ;D

To any new switchers- just hang in there! Use the search function in this forum, USE USE USE it!! And don't expect things to work just like windoze :Shouting: cause they don't!

Thank you to everyone on this forum for making the switch so good for me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Thank you for posting your experience. Glad you are enjoying your mac :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.